Students pursuing a micro-internship experience have two options:
- We will match you with an Oberlin alum or parent sponsor; or
- You may choose to find and secure your own micro-internship.
You will indicate your preference on the Junior Practicum registration form, and a Career Development Center staff member will follow up with you, as needed.
Below are suggested tips and resources to assist you in securing your own micro-internship. The deadline to self-secure a micro-internship is Sunday, August 16. If you or a potential micro-internship sponsor have questions related to the Junior Practicum processes, do not hesitate to connect with the Career Development Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- July 6 - July 17: Indicate your intent to secure your own internship on the Junior Practicum registration form.
- July 6 - August 16: Contact prospective employers to secure your own micro-internship; submit the Independent Micro-Internship Form (to be emailed) to the Career Development Center
- August 16*: Deadline to secure your own micro-internship to be financially supported by the College. Any internship secured after this date will not be funded by the College.
* If an internship is not secured by this deadline, Juniors who applied to the program before July 17 have the opportunity to be matched with a financially supported micro-internship coordinated by the College.
1. Leverage your network!
- Reach out to alumni on Wisr
- Make connections on LinkedIn
- Reconnect with professors, prior employers, family, friends, etc.
2. Peruse online platforms.
3. Go local.
Connect with local:
- non-profit organizations
- government organizations
- healthcare facilities
- religious institutions
4. Take initiative.
Do you have an organization you would like to work with? Email them directly! The Career Development Center can help you communicate effectively with employers about this opportunity.
5. Connect with the Career Development Center.
We are here to help! Schedule an advising appointment with the Career Development Center via Handshake or call (440) 775-8140.