159 W. Lorain St.
Oberlin, OH 44074
Campus Safety House operates from a white, two-story gablefront house on West Lorain Street, just a few blocks from Tappan Square. Built in 1900 and renovated for administrative use, the house serves as the headquarters for campus safety staff, who work to support a safe environment in which all members of the college community can learn, live, teach, and work.
Campus Safety House is open 24 hours a day.
The house has a sophisticated computer-based, life-safety system that constantly monitors a network of intrusion-detection and fire-safety alarms throughout the campus. Other systems, including mechanical, heating, ventilation, and environmental conditions, in sensitive environments and mechanical spaces, also report alarms to the campus safety office. Additionally the emergency “blue light’’ telephones stationed around campus report to the campus safety office.
This kind of real-time information helps campus safety officers and other personnel respond immediately to potential criminal incidents, suspicious activity, requests for assistance, and emergency situations.