Dear Class of 2021,
Congratulations on your upcoming graduation! As you know, Oberlin will be hosting an in-person celebration on Friday, May 14, with two ObieSafe ceremonies: 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. Your class will be split between the two celebrations alphabetically with graduates from both the college and conservatory as follows:
- 9 a.m. - Graduates whose last names begin with A through Lez
- 2 p.m. - Graduates whose last names begin with Li through Z
To participate, you will need to do a few things to ensure the safety of yourself and our campus community.
First, you must RSVP to your designated celebration through OberView task titled “Marching Order.” You MUST fill out this portal to participate in person and indicate you will be in attendance. With your RSVP, you can select up to two guest tickets to distribute as you choose. You will access your grad pass through the online portal closer to the celebration date.
To access the OberView task:
- Log in to OberView at https://oberview.oberlin.edu.
- Search for the MarchingOrder task.
- Click the task and complete the RSVP form.
Second, plan to do one of the following after you have let us know your intentions to attend. You may be turned away from the celebration if you have not:
- provided documentation that you are two weeks post vaccination on or before May 14 from your second dose of a Moderna/Pfizer vaccine or first dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. You must upload this documentation through the Student Health portal in OberView. Mid-year and graduates currently studying remotely should send their documentation to email@example.com.
- participated in May monthly surveillance testing May 3–11. You may sign up through OberView as you normally would for your monthly tests. Mid-year and graduates currently studying remotely who are NOT currently part of the on-campus testing program must submit a negative PCR COVID-19 test administered on May, 5, 6, 7, or 10. We will not accept results from tests performed prior to May 5. Send documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, please send an email to email@example.com.
We are very excited to celebrate with you in May!
Chair, Commencement & Reunion Weekend Committee
Vice Chair, Commencement & Reunion Weekend Committee