ObieSafe Weekly: September 22, 2021
September 22, 2021 8:00 AM
Office of Communications
Vaccination and testing statistics as of September 17, 2021
The total campus vaccination rate as of September 17 is 88.3%. You can find the population breakdown and read about Oberlin’s approach to vaccination on the vaccination statistics and updates page.
The cumulative total of Fall 2021 tests processed through September 17:
Walk-in COVID testing at Hales Gym
All Oberlin students, faculty, and staff are required to be tested for COVID-19 at the start of the fall 2021 semester. Testing is now available at Hales Gym on a walk-in basis through October 6. The test is a self-administered PCR test, and unlike the past, there is no need to schedule an appointment. The center is open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on most dates—view the full schedule. To help you plan your visit and avoid a line, check the live webcam feed. Anyone who has accessibility issues with the webcam can text or call (440) 308-6193 or send a message to email@example.com.
Residential Education check-in procedures for fall move-in
The college and conservatory are excited to welcome back students and their parents as they move into college housing. All students, parents and others will need to wear their masks indoors and outdoors. Students will check-in before proceeding to their housing assignments. There are two locations for Residential Education check-in, and the check-in location depends on where your student will be living. Read the full bulletin on fall move-in procedures.
Masks required indoors and outdoors beginning September 27
Beginning September 27 and lasting until October 18:
- Masks are required indoors and outdoors.
- The only time you may take off your mask is when you are in your room alone or with your roommate.
- Masks may be removed while eating outdoors or alone in your room with your roommate.
- Conservatory students and athletes will follow COVID policies specific to their activities.
The outdoor mask requirement may be extended depending on the rate of infection identified in the arrival period. Read the Fall 2021 ObieSafe policies.
Bring proof of vaccination to campus
Many off-campus opportunities throughout the academic year may require proof of vaccination status. Students will need to provide their own proof of vaccination when requested by off-campus entities. Oberlin is unable to provide a copy of a student's proof of vaccination, even after uploading to Student Health. Bring your vaccine card or image of your card with you to campus.
How to request a COVID-19 vaccination exemption
Students who wish to request a medical or religious exemption to the required COVID-19 vaccination must fill out the Student COVID19 Immunization Exemption Request form. The exemption request process is interactive, and students may receive requests for additional information or additional clarification on their request. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructions to upload your vaccination card
View the vaccine updates page for the process to submit your vaccine documentation.
Don’t forget to get your flu shot
Students are required to get an influenza vaccine prior to arriving on campus.
- Students who are currently on campus can contact Student Health to schedule a vaccine when it becomes available (440) 775-8180 or email@example.com.
- Students arriving from countries that do not offer the influenza vaccine will be able to receive a vaccine through Student Health when it becomes available (440) 775-8180 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students who would like to request an influenza vaccination exemption should submit documentation to Student Health.
Get in touch with the ObieSafe team
Have something to share in a future issue of ObieSafe Weekly? Email email@example.com with story ideas or information you’d like to have considered for publication.