Vaccination and testing statistics as of October 10, 2021
The campus vaccination rate as of October 10 is 94.1%. A total of 3,762 vaccine cards have been uploaded and approved for the fall semester campus population. A breakout by students, faculty, and staff is on the vaccination statistics and updates page.
The cumulative total of fall 2021 tests processed through October 10:
The results can be found on the campus testing statistics page.
Reminder: Flu vaccine clinic is today
The flu vaccine is required for all students and is highly recommended for faculty and staff.
An influenza vaccine clinic will be held 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, October 13 at Student Health—Dascombe Hall, 140 W. College St. There is no cost.
- Eligibility: Current Oberlin students, faculty and staff
- Vaccine Type: Quadrivalent Influenza Vaccine (GSK – Fluarix)
- Consent: You will be asked to sign a consent at the clinic.
- The flu vaccine will be administered on a first-come, first-served basis, so please be sure to allow for some wait time while at Student Health. Student Health has 500 influenza vaccine doses. An additional flu clinic will be held at the end of October if the demand exceeds the supply.
- Due to ongoing COVID concerns, retirees and employee families can not be accommodated at the Oberlin clinic. Flu vaccines are available at local retail pharmacies or medical offices.
- Please note that the high-dose flu vaccine for those over 65 will not be available at the flu clinic.
Faculty and staff vaccination deadline and exemption form
All faculty and staff employed at Oberlin College must be vaccinated for COVID-19. Vaccinations must be fully completed (all required doses) and uploaded to the Human Resources portal by no later than Monday, November 1, 2021. Faculty and staff who wish to request a medical or religious exemption to the vaccination requirement must fill out a COVID-19 Immunization Exemption Request form. The exemption process is interactive, and employees may receive requests for additional information or additional clarification on their request. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get in touch with the ObieSafe team
Have something to share in a future issue of ObieSafe Weekly? Email email@example.com with story ideas or information you’d like to have considered for publication.