As we look forward to the Thanksgiving holiday, we want to provide an important update on COVID testing, dining, and masks.
COVID test requirements
- Oberlin will not require testing of vaccinated students, faculty, or staff upon return to campus.
- Unvaccinated students, faculty, and staff are required to test upon return to campus and weekly for the remainder of the academic year.
- Walk-in testing is available at Hale’s Gym for unvaccinated students, faculty, and staff every Tuesday and Wednesday from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m.
- Any student, faculty, or staff who arrives from an international destination should have a COVID test upon return to campus.
- Please email email@example.com to schedule a test.
- Airline documentation must be submitted in the request.
- Students who develop symptoms should contact Student Health at 440-775-8180 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a health evaluation. Student Health will determine the need for and schedule a COVID test.
- If you do not feel well, minimize contact with others.
- When you are with others, everyone should wear a mask and maintain distance.
- Employees who develop symptoms are asked to obtain a test off campus and report positive results to email@example.com.
Be vigilant about wearing a mask indoors when you return to campus to decrease the risk of infection for the campus community.
- Oberlin requires indoor masks at all times.
- Masks do not need to be worn by roommates/housemates but must be worn when others enter the space.
- Masks are not required outdoors for anyone.
Dining halls will remain open with reduced capacity to allow for six feet of distancing when masks are removed for eating.
- Masks should be worn at all times indoors when not actively eating or drinking.
- Grab-and-go meals will be available for the academic year.
- Anyone sponsoring campus events where food is served must follow dining hall protocols.