Thank you for your significant contribution to a successful and healthy fall semester! As you are aware, staff, faculty, and a small number of students will continue to come to campus between November 25 and the end of the year. The following are guidelines and information about testing protocols meant to protect those on campus:
Please continue to utilize all office space best practices.
- Wear a mask at all times on campus, except when alone in your office with the door closed.
- Maintain 6 feet of physical distance.
- Complete the Full Measure survey each day.
- If you are feeling unwell, please do not come to campus and contact your primary care physician.
Everyone coming to campus needs to remain in Oberlin’s testing protocol and needs to be tested in December. Testing is available from December 2 through December 18.
- You should have received an email with a link in early November to schedule your test. If you did not, please reach out to email@example.com.
Students will be welcomed back to campus beginning on January 2, 2021.
Because of the potential for exposure during travel, Oberlin will employ two rounds of testing in January for all students, employees, and vendors. We will be testing about 550 people a day to test everyone as quickly as possible.
To reduce the stress of this testing volume, Oberlin will offer early testing on December 29 for the faculty and staff willing to sign a safety pledge acknowledging your commitment to obey ObieSafe best practices during the holidays, particularly over New Year’s Eve. To show our appreciation, all participants in early testing will receive a free lunch coupon. Information on how to voluntarily sign up to test early will be sent via email soon.
Regular monthly surveillance testing will begin in February.
- Please monitor your Oberlin email for spring semester testing sign up information.
If you elect to travel during the holidays, these ObieSafe Travel Tips will help keep you safe.