- Dean of the Conservatory of Music
- PhD in musicology, Eastman School of Music
- MA in musicology, University of Western Ontario
- BMus in musicology, University of Western Ontario
- ARCT in piano performance, Royal Conservatory of Music
After serving for nine years as the Oberlin Conservatory of Music’s associate dean for academic affairs, Andrea Kalyn was appointed dean of the conservatory in February 2014.
She earned her PhD in musicology from the Eastman School of Music, where her scholarship focused on American music of the 20th century. Her bachelor's and master's degrees, also in musicology, are from the University of Western Ontario. She also holds an ARCT in piano performance from the Royal Conservatory of Music.
Kalyn has published articles on the composers Howard Hanson and Daniel Gregory Mason, and has presented papers on the chamber music of Brahms and Schubert, among others.
She joined Oberlin after serving four years as assistant dean and musicologist at the North Carolina School of the Arts.