President's Fitness Challenge
Let’s get inspired and motivated together!
Oberlin’s first ever Virtual Reunion Weekend (VRW) is celebrating by kicking off a week-long President’s Fitness Challenge. Participants can take part in a wide range of physical activity options, including running, hiking, swimming, cycling, yoga, fitness classes, walking the dog, and wellness classes among others.
During the challenge, individuals will log their daily YeoFit fitness activity and track their progress on the event leaderboard. Registration is FREE and will also include a downloadable bib. Finishers who complete 5 of the 6 YeoFit fitness offerings will receive a Finisher fitness towel.
The Oberlin Community will be cheering for you the whole way. Together let’s ignite the power of movement and wellness! Please register below.
|Monday, May 17||Virtual 5k & Family Fun Run/Walk/Ride/Swim|
|Tuesday, May 18||Nutrition with Brooke - 12 NOON EDT|
|Wednesday, May 19||Virtual Yoga with Delores J. Simmons J.D. '83 - 7:00 PM EDT|
|Thursday, May 20||2021 Obie Awards Banquet|
|Friday, May 21||Stretching & Mindfulness Class with Mirla Criste Agnir '85 - 5:30 PM EDT|
|Saturday, May 22||Yeofit with President Ambar - 8:00 AM EDT|
Click the + below to register for the sessions
- 1 mile kids, 5K, 10K, 13.1 and 26.2 race
- Includes FREE registration and leaderboard
- Downloadable Bib
- This virtual race accommodates all ages and fitness levels. You pick the method (run/walk/ride/swim) and the distance! We will be at the finish line cheering you on! Go Yeo!
- Leaderboards featured here
- Instructor: Brooke Beecher, MS, RD, LD
- Date: May 18, 2021
- Time: 12:00PM EDT
- Title: Nutrition with Brooke
- Description: (on registration page)
- Alumni: Delores J. Simmons J.D. '83
Certified Yoga Instructor (RYT-200)
Warriors at Ease Level 1 Certified Yoga Instructor
YMCA Certified Pilates Instructor
YMCA Certified Group Fitness Instructor
Silver Sneakers Certified Instructor
- Date: May 19, 2021
- Time: 7:00PM EDT
- Title: Gentle Yoga Flow
- Description: Description: Sink into this gentle yoga practice with Delores. This class incorporates slow flowing sequences to warm up the body, as well as breath and meditation focusing on strength, balance, and flexibility.
Register for Virtual Yoga *
*By registering for this class you are agreeing to comply with these terms and conditions set by this waiver. Please read this document carefully.
- Get motivated by the strength and determination of Oberlin student-athletes who are creating impact both on and off the playing field. On Friday, May 7, the Department of Athletics and Physical Education hosted its annual Obie Awards banquet, during which the department honors and awards student-athletes. This rebroadcast is sure to motivate! Read more about Oberlin student-athletes and health and wellness offerings on the official athletics website of Oberlin College.
- Date: May 20, 2021
- Alumni: Mirla Criste Agnir '85
- Date: May 21, 2021
- Time: 5:30PM EDT
- Title: STRETCH AND MOVEMENT
- Description: This 30 minute yoga- and Feldenkrais-inspired meditation, stretch, and movement moment will release the day's detritus, and clear our bodies and minds for the coming evening's festivities.
- Instructor: President Ambar
- Date: May 22, 2021 (Rebroadcast)
- Time: 8:00AM EDT
- Title: Presidential Bootcamp
- Description: This class is a great mix of strength and sculpting exercises with a fun emphasis on jumping rope. Guaranteed to burn calories and tone muscles. All fitness levels are welcome to join.