You have a lot to do before the start of the fall semester, but don’t worry—we’re here to help!
To secure your place in the incoming class, complete the online Reply to Offer of Admission form and submit your matriculation deposit by May 1. Forms and payments must be submitted through your applicant portal at connect.oberlin.edu/status . The $300 matriculation fee is refundable upon graduation from Oberlin. If you are enrolling in the Double Degree Program (BM/BA), only one $300 matriculation fee is required. Please note that under no circumstances will the deposit be refunded if you do not follow through with your enrollment.
If you will not be accepting our offer of admission, please let us know by completing the online Reply to Offer of Admission form .
Timeline: Acceptance through Orientation
Once you’ve confirmed your enrollment, follow the timeline below to make sure your Oberlin experience gets off to a great start.
- Receive your teacher, class, and ensemble placements. Over the course of the summer, the conservatory dean’s office will send you information regarding private teacher assignment, music theory/aural skills and piano class placement, and ensemble and secondary study auditions. For details and updates, visit www.oberlin.edu/condean.
- Inform us of any disciplinary action or unlawful conduct. You must contact the Office of Admissions if you are placed on probation, suspended, dismissed from school, or if criminal charges are brought against you. Failure to do so may lead to the revocation of our offer of admission.
- Connect with classmates on social media by joining the Oberlin Conservatory 2024 Facebook group. You can also engage with current Obies via @ObieAdmissions on Snapchat.
- A variety of forms related to your enrollment will be available on your applicant portal starting in mid-March. You will be able to access these forms once your enrollment deposit has been received. Look out for the medical forms, which must be completed by your physician by June 15. You may want to schedule an appointment now.
- Participate in a Virtual Experience. Though our campus is closed at this time in response to the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), we are thrilled to open our doors to you through a series of new virtual experiences. See the Conservatory Virtual Experience page to tune in to exciting webinars related to the conservatory and Oberlin at large, register for Q&As with staff and live video sessions, "Con Chats" with students, and more. Check that page frequently for regularly updated events and new content.
- Activate your Oberlin user ID and preregister for classes. In mid-May, the Office of the Registrar will send you information about your ObieID, which is the username you'll need to set up your Oberlin email account. Please do not lose this information. Registration for certain courses will also become available at this time. You’ll finalize your schedule during student orientation in August.
- Select housing and meal plans. Registration for campus housing and dining opens June 1 through your applicant portal . For more information about housing options, visit www.oberlin.edu/housing/new-students. Housing assignments are generally finalized by the end of July.
- Request your final high school transcript. We’ll need a copy of your final high school transcript on file before you can start classes at Oberlin. Ask your school counselor to send us your transcript by July 1. Our offer of admission is contingent upon maintaining your current level of academic performance and the high level of personal conduct that were the basis of our decision to accept you.
- Make payment arrangements. Students and those listed as a proxy will receive a notification from the Office of Student Accounts once your electronic statement is available. For more information about payment plans and other details, visit www.oberlin.edu/student-accounts.
Please note: Due to the implications of COVID-19, all New Student Orientation program dates are subject to change. Refer to the college’s Coronavirus Updates page for the most current information.
- Attend New Student Orientation. Our weeklong Orientation for first-year students will introduce you to the wide range of resources available at Oberlin. You’ll also complete your course registration. Orientation begins with move-in at 9 a.m. on Monday, August 24, 2020.
- Parent and family orientation for those who can join us will conclude by 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, August 25.
- International students should plan to arrive on Friday, August 21, for pre-orientation programming.
- Classes begin Monday, August 31, 2020.