There’s a lot to do before the start of the fall semester, but don’t worry – we’re here to help!
To secure your place in the incoming class, complete the online Reply to Offer of Admission form and submit your matriculation deposit by May 1. Forms and payments must be submitted through your applicant portal at connect.oberlin.edu/status. The $300 matriculation fee is refundable upon graduation from Oberlin. If you are enrolling in the Double Degree Program (BM/BA), only one $300 matriculation fee is required. Please note that under no circumstances will the deposit be refunded if you do not follow through with your enrollment.
If you will not be accepting our offer of admission, please let us know by completing the online Reply to Offer of Admission form.
Timeline: Acceptance through Orientation
Once you’ve confirmed your enrollment, follow the timeline below to make sure your Oberlin experience gets off to a great start.
- Receive your teacher, class, and ensemble placements. Over the course of the summer, the conservatory dean’s office will send you information regarding private teacher assignment, music theory/aural skills and piano class placement, and ensemble and secondary study auditions. For details and updates, visit www.oberlin.edu/condean.
- Inform us of any disciplinary action or unlawful conduct. You must contact the Office of Admissions if you are placed on probation, suspended, dismissed from school, or if criminal charges are brought against you. Failure to do so may lead to the revocation of our offer of admission.
- Connect with classmates on social media by joining the Oberlin Conservatory 2023 Facebook group. You can also engage with current Obies via @ObieAdmissions on Snapchat and Twitter.
- A variety of forms related to your enrollment will be available on your applicant portal starting in mid-March. You will be able to access these forms once your enrollment deposit has been received. Look out for the medical forms, which must be completed by your physician by June 15. You may want to schedule an appointment now.
We invite you to visit campus any day in April. Whether you're coming for a lesson, would like a tour, want to sit in on classes, or whatever the reason, let us know you're coming. Register Your Campus Visit >>
When planning your visit day, we recommend you reach out to faculty to arrange a lesson or meeting, look through upcoming concerts and events, and check the schedule of classes, ensemble rehearsals, and tours.
- Activate your Oberlin user ID and pre-register for classes. In mid-May, the Office of the Registrar will send you information about your ObieID, which is the username you'll need to set up your Oberlin email account. Please do not lose this information. Registration for certain courses will also become available at this time. You’ll finalize your schedule during student orientation in August.
- Select housing and meal plans. Registration for campus housing and dining opens June 1 through your applicant portal. For more information about housing options, visit www.oberlin.edu/housing/new-students. Housing assignments are generally finalized by the end of July.
- Request your final high school transcript. We’ll need a copy of your final high school transcript on file before you can start classes at Oberlin. Ask your school counselor to send us your transcript by July 1. Our offer of admission is contingent upon maintaining your current level of academic performance and the high level of personal conduct that were the basis of our decision to accept you.
- Make payment arrangements. The Office of Student Accounts will mail your first semester bill covering tuition, fees, housing, and dining. For more information about payment plans and other details, visit www.oberlin.edu/student-accounts.
- Attend Orientation. Our weeklong orientation program for first-year students will introduce you to the wide range of resources available at Oberlin. You’ll also complete your course registration. Orientation begins Monday, August 26, 2019.
Classes begin Tuesday, September 3.