Visiting an academic classroom is a great way to experience what it might be like as a student at Oberlin College.
Class visits for prospective students will be available on most weekdays beginning mid-September through early December and again in mid-February through early May. Class visits will not be available during break periods, exam weeks, or any dates when the college is not in regular session.
A class visit may be arranged on the morning of your visit. A list of pre-approved classes will be available in the Office of Admissions and you may arrive as early as 8:30am to select a class. If you are visiting on Monday, Wednesday or Friday, classes will be available from: 11:00-11:50am or 2:30-3:20pm. If you are visiting on Tuesday or Thursday, classes will be available from: 11:00am-12:15pm or 3:00-4:15pm.
Guidelines for Classroom Visits
- Due to our small class sizes and the expected number of visitors, classroom visits are available for prospective students only. No parents or guests, please.
- Arrive at the classroom at least 10-15 minutes before the scheduled start time. If you are late, please do not enter the classroom once the class has begun.
- Introduce yourself to the professor and let them know that you are a prospective student visiting campus.
- You will need to stay for the entire class. Please plan your schedule accordingly.
- Please turn off your cell phone before class begins.
- Please do not bring food into the classroom.
All classes in studio art, theater, dance and creative writing require prior approval before a classroom visit. Call or email the department below before visiting to set up a class visit or a meeting with the department: