New in Our Collections
At the beginning of each month the Library posts lists of materials acquired in the previous month. Visit the New in Our Collections link on the Library web site or add our feed to your RSS reader.
Journal Table of Contents (TOC) Alerts
Most scholarly publishers create "feeds" for the tables of contents (TOCs) of their journals, and these feeds are updated with each new issue. Many also offer the option of receiving TOC alerts via email.
You may register to receive table of contents alerts from several different sources, including:
- OhioLINK Electronic Journal Center: Create a My EJC account to receive new issue alerts via email or RSS feeds
- Journal TOCsService - JournalTOCs is a free service which allows users to select journals, view the latest TOCs, and export TOC feeds to feed readers.
- Journal Publishers -- Search UlrichsWeb: Global Serials Directory for easy access to the publishers' URLs for journals; from there you'll find options for email alerts and/or RSS feeds
Saved Searches, Search Alerts, and Citation Alerts
Most of the major database vendors allow users to register for personal accounts though which they can save searches and create search alerts, or save articles.
- OhioLINK Electronic Journal Center -- Create a My EJC Account to save searches and/or articles.
- JSTOR - Create a MyJSTOR Account to save or email citations with links to articles, to export citations to RefWorks or Zotero, to accept JSTOR Terms and Conditions once per search session, and to sign-up for JSTOR announcements
- EBSCOHost: A My EBSCOHost account will allow you to save searches and set up search alerts in any EBSCOHost database (e.g. Academic Search Complete, EconLit, MLA International Bibliography, SocINDEX, etc.).
- Web of Knowledge - A My Web of Knowledge account will allow you to create saved search alerts as well as citation alerts
- ProQuest - A My Research account will allow you to create saved search alerts as well as citation alerts (Historical New York Times, ARTBibliographies Modern, Linguistics and Language Behavior Abstracts, Worldwide Political Science Abstracts, Physical Education Index, etc.)
- Google Scholar
Keep up to date with library events, exhibits, and new resources by reading our blogs:
Social Network Sites
Follow us on Twitter
Become a Fan of the Oberlin College Libraries on Facebook