Art Library > About the Art Library
About the Art Library
Named for Professor Clarence Ward, Museum Director & Art Department Chairman, 1917-1949.
Located on the top floor of the Allen Memorial Art Museum addition designed by the noted architectural firm Venturi and Rauch.
- 36 study carrels
- For students, staff, and faculty
- Assigned for one semester with option of renewal
- Applications at Circulation Desk
- Most Library Use Only material may be checked out to carrels with approval
Carrel Cardsare used to check out items to a carrel
- 100,000 volumes
- Covers all the visual arts worldwide, all time periods, and all art forms such as Architecture, Painting, Drawing, Sculpture, Prints, Photography, New Media, etc.
- In-depth coverage of Western European, Chinese, Japanese, and American art