Physicians in Family Practice started as the family practice of Dr. George Hoover, who opened his practice in 1948 on the second floor of the bank building on the corner of College Street and Main Street (Route 58) in Oberlin. Dr. Hoover was the first osteopathic physician to practice at Allen Memorial Hospital, and enjoyed great popularity with his patients for many years. In 1962 Dr. Hoover built the office building at 309 West Lorain Street, and moved his practice to that location. Dr. John Jonesco joined him in 1980 in the practice of family medicine and obstetrics. The two doctors also shared an interest in geriatrics, caring for many area nursing home patients as well as their office patients. Dr. Jonesco explored his interest in sports medicine, serving as the team physician for the Elyria Catholic football team in 1983 and 1984 when they won back to back state championships, and serving as the Oberlin High School team physician since 1989 through the present. Dr. Hoover retired from active practice in 1988, but has remained involved in the Oberlin medical community, serving on the board of The Oberlin Medical Center. In 1989, Physicians in Family Practice moved to it's current location at 319 West Lorain Street, right next door to its previous location. Dr. Harold Slocum joined the practice in 1997.
Physicians in Family Practice has its own Web site: http://www.pifpoh.com/