C. K. FAUVER IS HOME IN BOYHOOD VILLAGE
Able Lawyer and Financier Heads Oberlin Bank
When in August 1933 Clayton K. Fauver came to Oberlin to become president of he Oberlin Savings Bank Company it was a return of a distinguished son of Oberlin to the town of his boyhood. Mr. Fauver was graduated from Oberlin College in 1897. He then took a law course at Western Reserve University. He practiced his profession in Cleveland and was a professor in Western Reserve law school until 1916. In this year he went to New York, where he engaged in the practice of law until his return to Oberlin in 1933. For the past sixteen years Mr. Fauver has been a member of the Board of Trustees of Oberlin College and for several years a member of the Executive Committee and chairman of the Investment Committee of that board.
Mr. Fauver is one of a family of several children of the late Alfred Fauver, former mayor of Oberlin and one of the most valued citizens in the history of the town. Mrs. Mabel Fauver Gibson, high school teacher, is a sister and brothers are Attorney L. B. of Elyria, Edwin of Rochester University, Edgar of Wesleyan University, and L. A. Fauver of Lorain. Honorable Alfred Fauver, the father, served as county commissioner for nine years prior to his service as mayor of Oberlin. He was the first man ever elected as county commissioner for three successive terms.
Soon after coming back to his home town Clayton K. Fauver began the building of a new home on Edgemeer Place into which he will shortly move. Mrs. Fauver was before marriage Miss Lilla Vickery of Lexington, Mass. She is a graduate of the Boston Art School. Mr. and Mrs. Fauver have two sons.