IS CREDIT MANAGER
Oberlin Credit Association Has Been in Operation Several Years
The Oberlin Credit Association, under the management of J. N. Stone, has been in operation in the village for a dozen years or so. The first Credit Association was formed in 1889, with O. F. Carter president and A. G. Comings, secretary. This original association served a good purpose for several years, but finally ceased to function.
Since an organization of the nature was formed ten or more years ago, Mr. Stone has been almost continuously secretary and manager. All association records are kept at his office in the Oberlin Telephone Company building on South Main street. The association is closely allied to the Oberlin Business Men’s Club although it is separate as to membership.