What happened to the trays at Stevenson and Lord Saunders Dining Halls?
- The trays at Stevenson and Lord Saunders Dining at Afrikan Heritage House have been removed to encourage mindful eating habits and to engage in more sustainable practices.
- Clemson College reported saving 8,000 gallons of water during its' tray less week.
- The University of California at Santa Cruz try less program reduced food waste by 28%.
- If Stevenson reduces food waste by 28%, we would reduce annually the landfill amount by 29 tons.
What if I REALLY need a tray?
- As always, the management team will see that those with special circumstances receive a tray or are assisted.