The Dascomb container program is a free program allows students, faculty, and staff to take out food from Dascomb Dining Hall in reusable containers rather than disposable ones.
The program is designed to reduce solid waste produced by CDS, and is a step toward Oberlin's goal of climate neutrality.Signing Up:
- Tell the cashier at Dascomb that you would like to join the program. The cashier will swipe your card and hand you a carabiner.
- If you lose the container or would like to use more than one container at a time, you may purchase additional containers for $3.
- Show your carabiner to the server and your food will be served in a reusable container.
- When you check out, the cashier will ring up your meal and collect the carabiner.
- Eat food within one hour of being served.
- If you plan to eat the food later, store it in a refrigerator and fully reheat to 165 degrees Fahrenheit when you are ready to eat it.
- Rinse the container before returning.
- Before you place the used container on the dish conveyor, notify a cashier that you are returning it so they can give you a new carabiner.
- Return the container at the end of the school year and you will be eligible to sign-up next year for free.