Campus Dining Services invites applications for a Food Service Maintenance Substitute position. This is a
part-time on call substitute position
reporting to the Unit Manager/Supervisor. The employee will be contacted
as needed for the day and shift that is needed up to 40 hours/week and
may be working in any of the 4 dining locations.
Responsibilities: The incumbent will have the general responsibility for cleaning and maintaining all dining equipment/facilities and replenishing beverage and china areas. The Worker will accomplish his/her duties in a clean, organized, safe and efficient manner, maintaining a clean-as-you-go policy, being sanitary and safety-minded at all times and keeping good personal hygiene. The Worker is expected to work with other employees as a team to reach common goals, while showing excellent customer service at all times.
Additional responsibilities include,
but are not limited to, the following:
Essential Job Functions:
Cleaning and Set-Up
- General sanitation of the unit; ensure that all foods are covered, labeled, dated, initialed, and stored properly as soon as possible, following proper H.A.C.C.P. procedures.
- Sweep and mop all floors in the kitchen, dining room, and other food service areas (including vacuuming and carpet cleaning) and maintain proper sanitation levels in kitchen and dining room; sweep and mop coolers, freezers, and storage areas.
- Remove trash from the unit.
- Pull food and supplies needed by kitchen staff in a timely manner; unpack and store all food, supplies and equipment delivered to the unit; pull china, equipment, and other necessary items for catering events.
- Assist in the maintenance of self-service stations; ensure that the beverage and china line is kept clean and replenished at all times.
- Assist in the cleaning of pots and pans.
- Assist in the operation of the dish room.
- Clean and maintain dining restrooms.
Safety and Sanitation
- Organize and maintain proper storage procedures; keep storeroom in clean and sanitary condition. Maintain accurate labeling procedures, temperature logs and rotation of food products.
- Maintain “Time and Temperature Logs” during unpacking and storage.
- Follow H.A.C.C.P. (food safety guidelines), departmental, College, OSHA safety and Lorain County Health Department policies, procedures and regulations.
- Be in proper uniform for the entire shift.
- Report any injury or improper food handling practice to the Manager.
- Daily cleaning of ranges, kettles, carts, beverage machines, ice cream machine and other equipment.
- Report repairs and maintenance needs to Supervisor.
Oversee and Instruct Staff
- Instruct and direct dish room/pot workers (including temporary and student staff).
- Model and teach effective teamwork and cooperation. Be friendly and courteous to others showing excellent customer service at all times.
- Solve problems independently, professionally, efficiently and fairly.
- Work flexible schedules, as
Marginal Job Functions:
- Other related duties as assigned.
1 year experience in maintenance, preferably in food service;
Must pass a basic skills test at time of interview including reading, writing, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions and percentages;
Ability to operate floor scrubbers, steam cleaners, dishwashing machine
Maintain beverage areas, and other related equipment;
Experience demonstrating the ability to get along with others;
Ability to lift 50 lbs. and stand for duration of shift, less break periods;
Willingness and ability to work flexible schedules; and favorable references, including good work attendance records.
Any offer made to an external candidate
is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a comprehensive background
check and a pre-employment physical and drug test.
High school diploma or equivalent.
To Apply: Complete an application (available on line or in the Office) and submit a resume in the Oberlin College Campus Dining Services Office.