Oberlin
Using the Archives Contact Us Search Site Index -
College Archives
-
Home
Holdings
Published Resources
Teaching Resources
Records Management
Exhibits
Exhibits
News
Outside Links
About the Archives
-
library links
85. Webster Hall (1933-1968)

Webster Hall

Webster Hall, n.d.

Webster hall, at 51 South Professor Street, came to the College from the Kindergarten Association in 1932, and was used for the year 1932-33 as a dormitory for women in the Kindergarten Training School. It was remodeled and opened as a college hall of residence in 1933. It accommodates thirty-four women, who take their meals elsewhere. This house was built as a private boarding hall by Mr. Frederick Webster in 1906. [Webster Hall was demolished in May-June 1968.]

 
 
Oberlin College Seal -