Oberlin
Using the Archives Contact Us Search Site Index -
College Archives
-
Home
Holdings
Published Resources
Teaching Resources
Records Management
Exhibits
Exhibits
News
Outside Links
About the Archives
-
library links
8. Walton Hall (1835-1856)

No photograph available.

Walton Hall was erected in 1835 as a dormitory for men, with funds given by the Presbyterian Church of Walton, New York. It was located on Main Street opposite the present Westervelt Hall [New Union Center for the Arts]. It was a two story frame building containing twelve rooms, each accommodating two students. In 1856 it was sold to private parties. It was destroyed by fire in 1864.

 
 
Oberlin College Seal -