Oberlin
Using the Archives Contact Us Search Site Index -
College Archives
-
Home
Holdings
Published Resources
Teaching Resources
Records Management
Exhibits
Exhibits
News
Outside Links
About the Archives
-
library links
52. Thompson Cottage (1913-1949)

Thompson Cottage

Thompson Cottage, n.d.

The property at 160 North Main Street, privately owned, was purchased by the College in 1913 and equipped as a house of residence for women. From 1913 to 1934 it was known as Keep Annex, furnishing rooming accommodations for sixteen women, who boarded at Keep Cottage. In 1934 the name of the house was changed to Thompson Cottage, in honor of Mrs. Theodore J. Keep, whose maiden name was Mary Ann Thompson. [Thompson Cottage was last used as a dormitory in 1948-49. After that it was transferred as rental property of the College and was used by faculty.]

 
 
Oberlin College Seal -