Oberlin
Using the Archives Contact Us Search Site Index -
College Archives
-
Home
Holdings
Published Resources
Teaching Resources
Records Management
Exhibits
Exhibits
News
Outside Links
About the Archives
-
library links
64. Tank Hall (1922-1932; 1935-    )

Tank Hall

Tank Hall, n.d.

110 East College Street

Tank Hall, formerly known as Tank Home, was erected in 1896 as a home for children of missionaries of the American Board of Commissioners for Foreign Missions. It was named in memory of Mrs. C.L.A. Tank of Green Bay Wisconsin, who gave $10,000 toward its construction. For ten years, 1922 to 1932, it was used as a hall of residence for women, with accommodations for forty-four persons. This use was resumed in 1935. At the present time it accommodates forty-seven women. [Forty-two students live in Tank, and an additional forty take meals in the co-op.]

 
 
Oberlin College Seal -