Oberlin
Using the Archives Contact Us Search Site Index -
College Archives
-
Home
Holdings
Published Resources
Teaching Resources
Records Management
Exhibits
Exhibits
News
Outside Links
About the Archives
-
library links
67. Savage Stadium (1925-    )

Savage Stadium

Savage Stadium, n.d.

Woodland Street north of Union Street

On June 12, 1925, the contract was awarded to the Van Blarcom Company of Cleveland for the construction of a new athletic stadium. The Osborn Engineering Company of Cleveland was the architect. The construction was made possible by subscriptions from 826 alumni, former students, present students, and other friends of the College, who provided funds for the erection of 1,750 seats at $12.50 per seat. These subscribers, known as “Stadium Builders,” were given the privilage of purchasing seats for a period of years in the central perferred section of the stand. The new stand, with a seating capacity of 3,050, was ready for use in October, 1925. The cost was $38,000.

 
 
Oberlin College Seal -