Oberlin
Using the Archives Contact Us Search Site Index -
College Archives
-
Home
Holdings
Published Resources
Teaching Resources
Records Management
Exhibits
Exhibits
News
Outside Links
About the Archives
-
library links
69. Royce House (1927-1934)

No photograph available.

The Royce House at 118 West College Street was for many years a private residence and later a private boarding house. It was purchased by the College in 1917. From 1927 to 1930 it was used by the College as a French House, and from 1930 to 1934 as a house of residence for women, accommodating thirteen. The house was badly damaged by fire in the winter of 1934 and was then torn down.

 
 
Oberlin College Seal -