Oberlin
Using the Archives Contact Us Search Site Index -
College Archives
-
Home
Holdings
Published Resources
Teaching Resources
Records Management
Exhibits
Exhibits
News
Outside Links
About the Archives
-
library links
74. Root House (1930-1963)

Root House

Root House, n.d.

The former residence of Professor Azariah S. Root at 150 North Professor Street was purchased by the College in 1929 and was remodeled in 1930 to serve as a house of residence for College men. It accommodates eleven persons. [Root House was remodeled into apartments for married students in 1945-46 and into faculty offices in 1957-58. It was demolished in 1962-63.]

 
 
Oberlin College Seal -