Oberlin
Using the Archives Contact Us Search Site Index -
College Archives
-
Home
Holdings
Published Resources
Teaching Resources
Records Management
Exhibits
Exhibits
News
Outside Links
About the Archives
-
library links
76. Pyle Inn (1931-1975)

Pyle Inn

Pyle Inn, n.d.

For many years a private dormitory for women, owned by Mrs. Lettie H. Pyle, the property at 158 West College Street was purchased by the College in 1931 and since that time has been operated as a house of residence for women. It furnishes rooms for thirty women and provides table board for thirty additional students. Since 1934 it has been conducted on a co-operative basis. [Pyle Inn was refurbished in 1963-64 and was torn down in 1975.]

 
 
Oberlin College Seal -