Oberlin
Using the Archives Contact Us Search Site Index -
College Archives
-
Home
Holdings
Published Resources
Teaching Resources
Records Management
Exhibits
Exhibits
News
Outside Links
About the Archives
-
library links
11. Old Laboratory (1838-1883)

Old Laboratory, n.d.

The Old Laboratory, located south of Colonial Hall, was built in 1838 according to plans obtained by Dr. Dascomb when a student at Dartmouth and Yale. It was a one-story brick building, 30 by 50 feet. It contained a laboratory, a lecture room, and a private work-room for Professor Dascomb. Dr. Dascomb continued to use this building for nearly forty years. In 1868 the building was remodeled, the seats were lowered, and the lecture room was used later as a general recitation room. It was torn down in 1883, to provide a site for Sturges Hall.

 
 
Oberlin College Seal -