Oberlin
Using the Archives Contact Us Search Site Index -
College Archives
-
Home
Holdings
Published Resources
Teaching Resources
Records Management
Exhibits
Exhibits
News
Outside Links
About the Archives
-
library links
31. Keep Home (1889-1911)

Keep Home

Keep Home, n.d.

Keep Home was built in 1839. It was the home of Rev. John Keep, who, with his family, owned and occupied the house for many years. In January, 1889, it was donated to the College by Theodore J. Keep and Mrs. Mary A. Keep. It was used as a dormitory for women who practiced strict economy by self-boarding, and the rooms were rented at a very low price. It was located on Main Street, north of Lorain. In 1911, it was removed to make room for Keep Cottage.

 
 
Oberlin College Seal -