Oberlin
Using the Archives Contact Us Search Site Index -
College Archives
-
Home
Holdings
Published Resources
Teaching Resources
Records Management
Exhibits
Exhibits
News
Outside Links
About the Archives
-
library links
51. Keep Cottage (1913-    )

Keep Cottage

Keep Cottage, n.d.

154 North Main Street

The contract for the construction of Keep Cottage was awarded to Mr. George Feick of Sandusky in October, 1911. The architect was the firm of Patton and Miller of Chicago. The cottage was opened for use in January, 1913. It has dormitory accommodations for fifty-two women. It was named in honor of Rev. John Keep and Mrs. Theodore J. Keep. Mr. George M. Clark and his wife, Mrs. Elizabeth Keep Clark, contributed $10,000 toward the cost of this cottage. The total cost, including equipment and site, was $45,500. [Keep is now home for fifty-four co-opers, with an additional twenty-one students as board-only members.]

 
 
Oberlin College Seal -