Oberlin
Using the Archives Contact Us Search Site Index -
College Archives
-
Home
Holdings
Published Resources
Teaching Resources
Records Management
Exhibits
Exhibits
News
Outside Links
About the Archives
-
library links
47. Johnson House (1911-    )

Johnson House

Johnson House, n.d.

216 South Professor Street

Formerly the home of Mr. And Mrs. Albert H. Johnson, the Johnson House and approximately twenty-five acres of land surrounding it were purchased by Mr. Charles M. Hall in 1911 and presented to the College. During the years from 1912 to 1916 the offices, classrooms, and laboratories of Oberlin Academy were located in this building. Since 1920 the Johnson House has been used as a house of residence for women of the Conservatory of Music. It provides rooming accommodations for thirty-three women, who take their meals elsewhere. The Johnson House was built in 1885. [Johnson House was discontinued as a college dormitory in 1964, but underwent an exterior restoration in 1980 and is now used again as a program house affiliated with the Jewish and Near-East studies department. It currently houses 32 co-ed students]

 
 
Oberlin College Seal -