Oberlin
Using the Archives Contact Us Search Site Index -
College Archives
-
Home
Holdings
Published Resources
Teaching Resources
Records Management
Exhibits
Exhibits
News
Outside Links
About the Archives
-
library links
89. Hales Gymnasium (1939- )
 

 

Hales Memorial Gymnasium was given by Mr. G. Willard Hales, of Oak Park, Ill., in memory of his mother. It was the center of the physical education work for women, and when the second part of the gymnasium was erected, the enlarged building, together with the Crane Pool and with the Galpin Field, consolidated the curricular and recreational activities of the department.

Hales Gymnasium contains a basketball court, a billiards hall, and a small bowling alley. It is also home to the Cat in the Cream (a student coffeehouse) and practice space and offices for the Conservatory of Music's jazz program.

 
 
Oberlin College Seal -