Oberlin
Using the Archives Contact Us Search Site Index -
College Archives
-
Home
Holdings
Published Resources
Teaching Resources
Records Management
Exhibits
Exhibits
News
Outside Links
About the Archives
-
library links
87. Gulde House (1935-1950)

Gulde House

Gulde House, n.d.

Gulde House, at 137 Elm Street, was leased by the College in 1935 for a house of residence for women. It had previously been operated for many years as a rooming and dining hall under private auspices. It has rooming accommodations for thirty-four women, who take their meals elsewhere. The house was built in 1871 by Professor Hiram Mead, and rebuilt in 1893 after a disastrous fire. [In 1950, the lease of Gulde House expired and ownership moved into private hands.]

 
 
Oberlin College Seal -