Oberlin
Using the Archives Contact Us Search Site Index -
College Archives
-
Home
Holdings
Published Resources
Teaching Resources
Records Management
Exhibits
Exhibits
News
Outside Links
About the Archives
-
library links
49. Churchill Cottage (1913-1948)

Churchill Cottage

Churchill Cottage, n.d.

This cottage, located at 119 West College Street, was named in honor of Charles Henry Churchill, for forty-eight years a professor in Oberlin College. It was remodeled in the summer of 1913 for use as a house of residence for women. It accommodates eighteen persons, who take their meals elsewhere. [Churchill Cottage was torn down in June of 1948 to make room for Harkness Hall.]

 
 
Oberlin College Seal -