Oberlin
Using the Archives Contact Us Search Site Index -
College Archives
-
Home
Holdings
Published Resources
Teaching Resources
Records Management
Exhibits
Exhibits
News
Outside Links
About the Archives
-
library links
38. Botany Laboratory (Second) (1904-1914)

Botany Laboratory (Second)

Botany Laboratory (Second), n.d.

From 1891 to 1904 the Finney House had been used for laboratory purposes for the department of Botany. In 1904 the College remodeled the property at 64 North Professor Street to meet the needs of the department of Botany. The property used, known as the “Lincoln House,” had been purchased by the College in 1893. It had previously been used as a private residence. It was a two-story frame building located immediately north of Peters Hall. In this location it served as a Botany Laboratory from 1904 to 1914, when it was moved to a new location on Professor Street north of Severance Chemical Laboratory.

 
 
Oberlin College Seal -