Oberlin
Using the Archives Contact Us Search Site Index -
College Archives
-
Home
Holdings
Published Resources
Teaching Resources
Records Management
Exhibits
Exhibits
News
Outside Links
About the Archives
-
library links
58. Barrows House (1915-    )

Barrows House

Barrows House, n.d.

207 South Professor Street

The former residence of President John Henry Barrows, erected in 1901, was purchased by the College in 1916 and remodeled for the purpose of a house of residence for Conservatory women. It provides accommodations for fourteen students and table board for sixty others. It is the center of the social life of Conservatory students. [Old Barrows, as this building is now called, houses sixteen female students. The dining area has been divided into four smaller rooms rather than one large area. Eighty-five co-ed students take meals here.]

 
 
Oberlin College Seal -