Oberlin
Using the Archives Contact Us Search Site Index -
College Archives
-
Home
Holdings
Published Resources
Teaching Resources
Records Management
Exhibits
Exhibits
News
Outside Links
About the Archives
-
library links
73. Barr House (1929-1947)

Barr House

Barr House, n.d.

The property at 180 West College Street was purchased by the College in 1928, the house having been used for many years as a private residence. It was remodeled for use as a house of residence for Freshman men and was opened by the College in the fall of 1929. It accommodates eleven men. [Barr House was remodeled into faculty apartments in 1947. The building was named for Mrs. Ruth W. Barr, the first director.]

 
 
Oberlin College Seal -