Upon the destruction of the College Chapel in 1903, the administrative offices were moved to a frame residence at 122 West College Street. The building contained a two-story brick vault, that would supposedly protect the contents from fire. However, because much of the office contents could not be stored in the vault at night, it would have been an “irreparable loss” were this building to burn down as well.
The temporary Administration Building was demolished in 1915, after the completion of the J.D. Cox Administration Building.