Series 1. Biographical File, 1922-1988
Contained here are awards presented to A. Clair Siddall during his career. Included is a Man of the Year Award from the City of Oberlin (1964), a Distinguished Community Service Award from Oberlin College (1972), and an Honorary D.Sci. Award from Otterbein College (1969). This series also contains several Siddall family histories. Series is arranged chronologically. Plaques and certificates relating to Siddalls medical career were received in accession 2002/56 and are filed separately.
Series 2. Writings, 1928-1980
Consisting of Siddalls published writings, several works are devoted to the history of medical practices in Oberlin. Other papers address gynecological topics, focusing on issues faced by pregnant women. Specific titles include A Suggested Test for Pregnancy (1928), Vitamin b Deficiency as an Etiologic Factor in Pregnancy Toxemias (1940), and History of Homeopathic Medicine at Oberlin, Ohio 1933-1933 (1978). This series is arranged by topic; history of medicine at Oberlin, and general medicine, and chronologically thereunder.
Series 3. Research Files, 1975-1979, n.d.
Files include research notes regarding the early medical practices and physicians of Oberlin. Materials kept in support for for such articles as Birth Control at OberlinSexual Mores in Oberlin 1833-1975, and Isaac JenningsAdvocate of Medical Reform1840 are found here. Other topics covered in this series are Sarah Furnas Wells acupuncture and placebos.
Series 4. Photographs, n.d.
Series contains photographs of a variety of Oberlin health care providers. Included are A. Claire Siddall, James Dascomb, Edna Schnick, and Linda Richards. Photographs of Oberlins first hospital (1907, 21. S. Cedar Street), and James Dascombs residence (227 S. Professor), are also found here. Arrangement is first by individuals, and then by structure. Filed separately are two group photographs, dating from Siddalls college days (c. 1918) and a photograph of Siddall with his brother-in-law Jack Warner (Oberlin College director of health services, c. 1960s); these photographs were received in accession 2002/56