An impressive group of European decorative arts is on view in the East Gallery, joined by a selection of ceramic and porcelain objects from China, Japan and Korea. A recent addition to the gallery is a group of precious Russian and Swedish enamels from the late 19th century, many of which were donated to Oberlin by Charles Fayette Olney in 1904. Students Hanna Siesel (OC 2007) and Edith Eustis (OC 2007) arranged the installation in conjunction with two courses taught by Mildred C. Jay Professor of Art William Hood,
and with assistance from AMAM Curator of Western Art Andria Derstine.
Russian (designed by Ivan Khlebnikov, 1818-81)
Long-Stemmed Cup (for Candy), about 1880
Plique-à-jour enamel with silver gilt rim
Allen Memorial Art Museum, Oberlin College, Ohio
Gift of Charles F. Olney, 1904