Personalizing Citrix on the Macintosh
Users who already have Citrix installed on their machines may need to make a few adjustments to the setup in one of these circumstances:
- You're a Citrix user who would like to change your NetWare username or password;
- You're a Citrix user with a new machine that has an incorrect or "generic" NetWare username or password
The instructions below take you through the procedure for changing or adding your own username and password to your network and Citrix logon. You'll also be able to join those two accounts together into a single account and save them so you won't have to enter them every time you logon to Citrix.
Part I: Setting up your username and passwords
- Double-click your hard drive icon to open it, and then double-click your Applications folder to open it
- Locate the Citrix ICA Client folder, and double-click to open it
- Locate the Change Netwk Pswds file and double-click to open it
- You will now see a black screen with a Citrix/MetaFrame logo in the bottom right-hand corner. A red Novell client logon screen will also appear. When the Novell screen appears, enter your cuerrent NetWare username and passwords in the fields. When you've entered the username and password, click OK.
At this point, one of two things will happen:
- You may get slight pause, and then a black Windows NT screen with a Welcome window will appear. Click Close to close the Welcome window and go to step 6, below.
- OR you may get a dialog box that looks like this:
If you get this dialog box:
- Enter your current NetWare/Citrix username in the Name field and your current NetWare/Citrix password in the Passwordfield.
- Check the box next to the "Change your Windows NT/2000 password..." message.
- Click OK
- Continue with step 6, below
- If you haven't already, click Close to close the Welcome window.
- At this point, you need to use a particular keyboard command; the command you use depends on the kind of desktop machine you have:
- If you have a PowerMac or a G3: on the keyboard, press and hold the Control key, the Apple key, and the Del key (the one that is located under the Help key, NOT the Delete key next to the plus sign).
- If you have an iMac: make sure the Num Lock is on, and then press and hold the Control key, the Apple key, and the decimal/period key on the keypad; the decimal key functions as the Del key when the Num Lock is on.
- This key combination will bring up a Novell Client screen. Click the Change Password button in the lower left-hand corner.
- In the Change Password screen, the Citrix and Oberlin items should both be highlighted on the left side of the screen. On the right side of the screen, enter your current NetWare password in the Old Password field, and enter the password you want to use in the next two fields. Click OK. You will get a message saying that your passwords have been successfully changed, and you'll be taken back to the black Windows screen.
- Click on the File menu next to your Apple menu along the top menu bar, choose Quit, and then click OK.
Part II: Saving your username and password in the Citrix logon
- In your Applications folder on your hard drive, open the Citrix ICA Client folder (if it isn't open already)
- Locate the file called Citrix ICA Client Editor and double-click to open it. You will get a dialog box entitled Citrix ICA Client Editor: untitled.
- From your top menu bar, click the File menu (next to your Apple menu) and choose Open.
- In the dialog box that pops up, highlight the Banner Live file and then click the Open button. The Editor dialog box will fill in with information that looks like this:
- In the lower half of this dialog box (in the section designated as Optional), replace the word in the Username field with your new NetWare username. Leave the Domain as citrix.
- Enter your new NetWare password in the Password field.
- DO NOT CLICK THE CONNECT BUTTON. When you've entered the username and password, click Save (you won't see anything happen when you Save).
- Go back up to the File menu, choose Open, and this time highlight the Banner Practice file and click the Open button. Repeat steps 5-7 to set the username and password for the practice instance. DO NOT CLICK THE CONNECT BUTTON; click Save when you have entered your new username and password.
- Go back up to the File menu, choose Open, and this time highlight the Change Network Passwords file and click the Open button. Repeat steps 5-7 to set your new username and password. DO NOT CLICK THE CONNECT BUTTON; click Save when you have entered the username and password.
- Go back up to the File menu and choose Quit.
Back to OPUS home || Back to BANNER Documentation